4.02.2009

World Autism Day

April is Autism Awareness Month, and today is World Autism Day.

For more information on Autism, click here. Why bother? You might learn something. It might change the way you interact with someone (as many as 1 in 150 people are somewhere on the spectrum). You might be surprised how little you really knew about it. While it seems to be diagnosed more and more now, I think it's just that. More diagnosed. I think many people from the past would be diagnosed Autistic by today's standards, but at the time were probably just considered eccentric.

To see why it matters to me, please read my sister's post today, about my nephew Colin.

1 comments:

Libby Design said...

Great post Sarah - they were having a special party today in Peyton's classroom celebrating World Autism Day. Very cool!

I love the last line of your sister's post: "He is my child born the way God needs him to be." So very true, and always easier for US to understand that as parents than for the rest of the world.