Oh my goodness! Zoey only got up once last night, and for how it's been that was as good as sleeping through the night to me. I know it may not happen again for months, but now there's a little hope. And I know there are mommies out there who stay up all night listening to the screaming colicky baby, so I can't complain about Zoey's sleeping habits REALLY. She just likes to visit and snuggle in the night.
Perhaps it was the exhaustion of a doctor's appointment complete with shots? I know I felt exhausted after that. I made sure to point out to Zoey that there were two nurses in there doing the dirty work, and this was not Mommy that was stabbing her in the legs. She was not happy. I saw her first big tears. And she was left cranky for the rest of the day.
I was thrilled, though. After a rough start to weight gain, Zoey now weighed 10 lbs. 1 oz at her 2 month check up.
Which seems as good a transition as any into a little thankful list. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best Thanksgiving ever, and it's not even here yet. I am over the moon thankful for these overall life things:
- A healthy baby and her chubby baby legs.
- A sweet spirited 5 yr old.
- A really caring 7 yr old.
- My husband who still cracks me up 14 years later, and is a fantastic daddy.
- My family, who still manages to be there for me even though they're 5 hours away.
- A warm home and all its amenities.
- Great friends that understand me.
- My job, and understanding customers.
- My church.
- A new tea to try.
- Christmas music (shhhh - my girls will tell me it's too early - Captain America has been training them!).
- A large capacity washer.
- Working from home (in sweatshirts & slippers).
- My new cranberry/clove/orange candle.
- No snow on the ground.
- Warm enough temps that I haven't pulled out more than a fleece yet.
- Everything. I feel like I slept so much last night I want to dance and sing.