2.20.2007

Like any other business

I have decided to take a more proactive approach with the stay-at-home portion of my life. This morning I really worked on having some activities ready to go for the girls, and what a difference it made! I'm discovering that 5 minutes here and there can actually make an impact in housework. Five minutes of dishwashing is progress. Five minutes of picking up clutter and finding homes for things adds up. It takes less than 5 minutes to start a load of laundry when I have it sorted and ready to go. A 15 minute break from my work to play a game with the girls puts everyone in a better mood. We took a 20 minute break to drive past the post office and wash the car. Little things here and there can make the difference. And what a difference some sunshine makes!!

On that note, the sun is out and things are starting to melt a bit. Coincidence that the girls are coughing and have runny noses? Or allergies??

I don't know what to say, except God is good, and a little extra effort can mean big things in whatever you're doing.

1 comments:

Amy said...

I couldn't agree more!

The other night I came home to a very dirty kitchen, but I didn't want to do the dishes. I wanted to go to bed. But I knew if I just did the dishes, I'd feel better in the morning. I had a huge conversation with myself: to do the dishes or not?

I decided to do the dishes: 17 minutes was all it took. And I had a sparkling kitchen when I got up!

Yeah for small bursts of activity!