11.17.2009

Reclaim Thanksgiving!

I love me some Christmas, and some Christmas music, but it's always so sad how Thanksgiving gets overlooked.

Wanna Reclaim Thanksgiving with me? Here are a few ways I'm doing that - let me know if you have more:

1. Blog about what you're thankful for
2. Rework every Facebook status into something you're thankful for
3. Follow me on Twitter! I'm tweeting what I'm thankful for using #reclaimthanksgiving
4. Start a thankful list - you might be surprised how quickly it will grow
5. Let people know - if you're very thankful for something someone did for you, thankful for their friendship, or just thankful they're in your life - tell them

If you try it just until Thanksgiving Day, I can't even tell you how it will impact your perspective. I've found I'm thinking of all the little things I'm grateful for, and less about things that aren't going well. I'm able to focus on all the blessings in my life, instead of the junk. It's less about me. And I like it.

I'd love to hear some things you're thankful for, too!

1 comments:

gretchen said...

I love this! I think it's so important, especially now, when times are a little tough, to remember how lucky we are and to give thanks! I'm starting my list.