11.22.2009

A week of Thanksgiving! Day 4

Our pastor has been talking about thankfulness, and instead of focusing on one day a year, changing it to ThanksLiving. Always having an attitude of thankfulness. Part of the scripture he used today was from Colossians 2:6-7:

6So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

I'm finding it's easier to focus on Him when I'm constantly reflecting on what I've been given. Not just material things. But the people in my life, the gorgeous surroundings, words, music -- it's all a gift.

So today I am thankful for:

  • Our church, which felt like home the day we walked in. I'm thankful for the people in it, and their vision and mission.
  • Good friends, that I can talk to or see after forever and just pick up where we left off.
  • Girl Scout cookies.
  • Hot chocolate.
  • Wisconsin cheese.
  • Everything this week holds.

0 comments: